FRAG srl is looking for a Mechatronics and automation Engineer for its client, an innovative start-up dedicated to the industrial development of chemical recycling processes for plastic waste.
The candidate will have to deal with the execution of research projects applied to industrial processes aimed at the production of chemically recycled polymers and the carrying out of tests for external companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support to the conception, design, prototyping and construction of the company's machines and production systems;
- Mechanical and electric engineering of components and subsystems;
- Create detailed drawings or/and implement changes to existing designs;
- Interactions with suppliers and third-party engineering companies;
- Developing test setups, conducting tests and iteratively improving designs;
- Physically inspect, evaluate and troubleshoot mechanical hardware issues;
- Integrate mechanical and electronic components to fully assemble prototypes;
- Supervise commissioning in pilot and industrial plants.
- Master's degree or Phd in: Mechanical Engineering or Automation Engineering or Aerospace Engineering;
- At least 3 years experience in research and development of industrial companies;
- Previous experience in the field of production system engineering and manufacturing (better in an international context)
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical, electrical, process and control engineering;
- Excellent knowledge of CAD software (e.g. Creo Parametric), CAM software, structural analysis software (e.g. Ansys), control software (e.g. Matlab);
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent analytical and design skills;
- Willing to travel in Italy and abroad;
Location: Chiasso (Switzerland)