FRAG is currently on the look out for an Instrument Engineer to be based in Milan with duration around 1 year.
- Preparation of Instrumentation engineering deliverables including Specifications, Instrument Datasheets, Logic Diagrams etc.
- Carryout sizing calculations for Control Valves, Flow Meters, Pneumatic & Hydraulic Power Systems.
- Instrument cable voltage drop & Intrinsically Safe Circuit Calculations.
- Preparation of Fire & Gas Detectors & Alarm Derive Datasheets.
- Inter-disciplinary document comments and reviews.
- Provide inputs and review of engineering drawings including Instrument Location Plans, Cable & JB Schedules, Cable Routing Layouts, Instrument Installation Details, Process Pneumatic Hook-Ups, Interconnection Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Fieldbus Segment Diagrams, Interconnection Diagrams, Instrument Loop Diagrams
- Liaison with the Instrument Designers
- Carryout onshore site surveys as required
- Attend interface meetings with Clients and Vendors to progress design scopes
- Review Instrumentation and Control Systems Vendors offers, prepare Vendor Technical Clarifications and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation reports
- Degree in Electrical / Instrument engineering
- +6 years relevant post graduate experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry
- Hands on experience of multi-disciplinary projects in Detail Engineering of field Instrumentation, Control & Monitoring and Safety Shutdown Systems, including DCS, ESD and F&G, in the onshore O&G and petrochemical environment.
- Practical design knowledge of Telecommunication Systems including CCTV, ACS, PA GA, Control Systems Networks, Local Area Networks and Telephone Systems is desirable
- Experience in Middle-East Project of national oil companies.
- Familiar with relevant international codes, standards and recommended practices such as ISA, NEC, NFPA, BS API, IEC, etc.
- Experience in INTOOLS (SPI) software.
- Fluent in English.
Duration: 12 months